Skip to main content

Guyver I and Guyver I Image Head Plus Action Figure- Max Factory Bio Fighter Collection 05 Review

Written by Jax. Pics Courtesy of Donnay

Sho Fukumachi is Guyver I, one of the main characters in the manga and Anime. Articulation wise, he boasts all the points of articulations as Guyvers II and III. But what I like about this figure is that it is made to scale.

When you stand Guyver I next to Guyver III, you will notice that he is smaller in size just like in the anime and I like it because it gives variety when the Guyvers are displayed along side each other,with Guyver II being the tallest of all 3 Guyvers. It would be boring if Maxfactory had simply used the same mould for all the Guyvers and created figures that had the same height. That would be sad so I'm glad they put in the effort.



But I only have one complaint. The shoulder pads come off very easily and it gets quite irritating sometimes when you are posing him. Its not much of a problem since you can just pop it back, but still this is the only Guyver that has this problem. Guyvers II and Guyver III are fine. Maybe I'm being a little anal about this.

                                    Order the Maxfactory Guyver 1 Figure From Amazon 

Accessories:

Guyver I comes with the same interchangeble parts as Guyver III ( the punch, the hold and the palm) But he also comes with an extra which is the Unit-G. Its just a small replica of the unactivated Unit-G capsule and I can't really find any use for it to pose with, except with Guyout since he has the Unito-Remover in his arsenal of weapons. But its a cool thing to have.

Guyver 1.5 Image Head Plus :

This is some sort of a reissue. If I remember correctly he came out after BFC10 which is the Gigantic Guyver. Everything about the Guyver 1.5 Image Head Plus is the same, except that he comes with an interchangable head and a grasping arm for posing with it. This idea came from the manga cover art of one of the manga in the series.
I remember that when this figure first came out, collectors all over different forums were complaining about how Max Factory was trying to "milk them" by coming up with the same toy figure with just an extra head. Many refused to buy it, although there were some completists who did not hesitate to get it.
That said, this figure is still sold out everywhere now. I guess for new collectors jumping on the wagon, getting this figure is much more worth it, since its essentially the exact same figure as Guyver 1 and you get an extra interchangable head(whether you use it or not).

This beautiful toy can still be found on Amazon so check it out and maybe combine some shipping and you can get a great toy at good discount.

Unless you are a completist and want to collect every single piece in this line then either Guyver I or Guvyer Image Head Plus should do the trick for you. But I personally bought both, one to keep and one for display so it's up to you.

Apart from that, I do see some sellers selling this on Ebay and claiming it to be a limited edition in the series. It is not true so don't be fooled.

It has been years since this toy was released and it is getting really rare. You can still find the Maxfactory Guyver I figure from Amazon right now.

Update: It has been more than 10 years since the release of the Maxfactory series. There is another Guyver toy series from the Figma Guyver Series that you can check out. Unfortunately there is only the Guyver 1 Figure from this series.  

Comments

Unknown said…
Hi, I have six of the Guyver collection wan to sell it off.
Pls contact my email apefl28@yahoo.com
Tq

Best regard,
Clement
Jax Woon said…
Hi Clement, if you have these Maxfactory Guyver Figures you should be able to fetch a good price on Ebay. More so if they are MISB as they are quite difficult to find.

Popular posts from this blog

Gigantic Dark Guyver III Action Figure- Max Factory Guyver Bio Fighter Collection 09 Review

Written by Jax Pics Courtesy of Donnay The packaging for the  Gigantic Dark Guyver  is as shown. Box art looks great, and all the accessories can be seen through the clear display window. The   Gigantic Dark Guyver   comes with GigaSmasher changeable part, Gravity ram (long and short), Two interchangeable heads, one with sonic orbs closed and one open, three high frequency swords for each arm, interchangeable wrist parts (fist, grab, and hold), and an improved display stand (more on this) After spending about 10 mins untying all the wiring binding the Gigantic Dark Figure, he is finally released from his plastic prison and ready for action! But first let me point out a personal experience I had with the Gigantic Dark Guyver's High Frequency Blades. Everyone should take note of this. The three blades on the arm work this way. The longest and second longest blades have holes on the ends of the blades it self. On the arms there are corresponding pegs where you can fit

Toy Review: Max Factory Figma Guyver I Figure vs Maxfactory Bio Fighter Collection Guyver I Figure

I have been a collector of the Maxfactory Bio Fighter Collection Guyver figures for many years now and it was only recently that the Figma Guyver I  came to my attention. Even though I have seen pictures of the Figma Guyver I figure for a while, I had always thought that it was just a scaled down version of the previous Bio Fighter Collection Guyver I figure. It turns out that I was wrong and there are many differences between the old and new Guyver figure and the  Figma Guyver I   could be a good start to a promising toy line. In terms of scale, the Figma Guyver I figure is smaller than the BFC Guyver I figure but the differences do not stop here. Articulation and paint job wise, the Figma version is fantastic and even more articulated than the BFC version. For example, the Figma Guyver I can actually perform a high kick and a split which the BFC Guyver I is not able to, due to the very hard rubber located near the waist. Also, you can switch out the chest p

Jax Woon's Collection - Rare Guyver Figures 100% Complete Collection in Glass Display Cabinet

I just moved to my new house and finally got a proper toy display cabinet for my toy collection. The centre-piece of my collection is of course the Guyver anime figures from the Maxfactory Bio Fighter Collection Series. I have had many friends coming over to my place and commenting that these Guyver Figures look very nice but they had no idea who these characters were. If you do not already know them and are a fan of anime, I highly recommend that you purchase the Guyver Anime: Complete Box Set [Blu-ray] from Amazon.com to get to know them. It is just 26 episodes so it will not take up a lot of your time to start a new anime series. I consider myself lucky to have been able to complete the collection way before the prices sky rocketed in the secondary market. Just doing a quick search on Ebay and you will find that the average listed price for the Guyver Figures is about USD$200 to USD$400 per figure meaning the prices have more than tripled from the time of relea